Wasp stings can be painful and are often more dangerous than bee stings. Wasps don't loose their stingers like bees and can sting someone repeatedly. These are common side effects that may be experienced after being stung.
The most common side effect is pain, redness and itching at the sting site. This doesn't usually spread in individuals who are not sensitive to wasps.
Some people may have difficulty breathing after being stung. This can be due to an allergic reaction or panic.
Individuals who are extremely sensitive to wasp stings may pass out or collapse. Panic can also result in fainting.
Blood pressure may decrease after being stung. This may be due to the pain or a reaction to the wasp venom.
There may be some swelling at the sting site, but some people may experience an anaphylactic response to being stung. This can include swelling of the nasal passages and throat.