The 2018 Winter Olympic Games Have Begun!
see schedule for Freestyle Skiing events
- Feb 08, 20:00 - 20:45 and Feb 08, 21:45 - 22:30 EST - Women's and Men's Moguls Qualification
- Feb 11, 05:30 - 06:00 and Feb 11, 07:00 - 08:40 EST - Women's Moguls Final
- Feb 12, 05:30 - 06:00 and Feb 12, 07:00 - 08:40 EST - Men's Moguls Final
- Feb 15, 06:00 - 07:15 EST - Women's Aerials Qualification 1 & 2
- Feb 16, 06:00 - 07:20 EST - Women's Aerials
- Feb 16, 20:00 - 21:40 EST - Women's Ski Slopestyle
- Feb 16, 23:00 - Feb 17, 00:35 EST - Women's Slopestyle Finals
- Feb 17, 06:00 - 07:15 EST - Men's Aerials
- Feb 17, 20:00 - 22:05 EST - Men's Slopestyle Qualifications
- Feb 17, 23:15 - Feb 18, 00:50 EST - Men's Ski Slopestyle
- Feb 18, 06:00 - 07:20 EST - Men's Aerials
- Feb 18, 20:00 - 21:25 EST - Women's Halfpipe Qualifications
- Feb 19, 20:30 - 21:55 EST - Women's Ski Halfpipe
- Feb 19, 23:00 - Feb 20, 00:45 EST - Men's Halfpipe Qualifications
- Feb 20, 21:30 - 22:15 EST - Men's Ski Cross Seeding Round
- Feb 20, 23:15 - Feb 21, 00:55 EST - Men's Ski Cross
- Feb 21, 21:30 - 23:00 EST - Men's Ski Halfpipe
- Feb 22, 21:30 - 22:15 EST - Women's Ski Cross Seeding Round
Freestyle Skiing Events
Medal Predictions for 2018 Winter Olympic Games - Freestyle Skiing
Once known as “hotdogging” for its spectacular mix of acrobatic tricks and showmanship, freestyle skiing debuted as a demonstration sport at the 1988 Calgary games. The United States swept the slopestyle event in 2014, with three Americans winning gold, silver and bronze.
All-time Top Nations in Freestyle Skiing
All-time Top Male Athletes in Freestyle Skiing
All-time Top Female Athletes in Freestyle Skiing
|Hannah Kearney||United States||1||0||1||2|
Athletes soar off 2-4 meter jumps, performing multiple tricks before landing. A skier's final score is broken down into his jump takeoff (20%), jump form (50%) and landing (30%). A degree of difficulty is also factored in.
All-time Top Nations in Aerials
Athletes ski down a course full of rounded bumps, performing two jumps during the run. Speed is a component of the skier’s score, but it’s not a race. Athletes are judged on their ability to navigate the moguls and execute tricks.
All-time Top Nations in Moguls
Added to the Olympics in Sochi 2014, this event features skiers performing tricks on both walls of the half pipe. Skiers are judged under the same criteria as snowboarders: height, technical difficulty of tricks, variety, smooth execution and progression (how tricks are linked together).
All-time Top Nations in Halfpipe
Ski cross — added to the Olympic Games in 2010 — features four skiers at a time racing on a downhill course full of jumps, banked turns and other obstacles. The top two skiers from each heat advance to the next, until the medalists are decided in the final round.
All-time Top Nations in Ski Cross
Skiers make their way down a slopestyle course, which features a mix of jumps and rails (three of each in PyeongChang). Added to the Olympics in 2014, the event judges athletes on height, difficulty, variety, execution and progression (how a skier strings tricks together).
All-time Top Nations in Slopestyle
Freestyle Skiing Athletes to Watch
Anton is looking to repeat his gold medal feat in Aerials from 2014 Olympics.
Photo: By Дизайн почтовых марок Елены Медведь - http://www.belpost.by/stamps/information-page/2014-info/20-2014-21-04/, Public Domain, Link
David is looking to repeat his gold medal feat in Halfpipe from 2014 Olympics.