The 2018 Winter Olympic Games Have Begun!
see schedule for Ski Jumping events
- Feb 08, 07:30 - 08:40 EST - Men's Individual Normal Hill Qualifications
- Feb 10, 07:35 - 09:20 EST - Men's Normal Hill Individual Final
- Feb 12, 07:50 - 09:20 EST - Women's Normal Hill Individual Final
- Feb 16, 07:30 - 08:40 EST - Men's Individual Large Hill Qualifications
- Feb 17, 07:30 - 09:15 EST - Men's Large Hill Individual Final
Ski Jumping Events
Medal Predictions for 2018 Winter Olympic Games - Ski Jumping
Norwegians pioneered this high-flying winter sport in the 19th century. The mechanics of ski jumping developed over the years, with athletes adapting the bent-upper-body, forward lean and “V” ski shape by the modern era. Jumpers are evaluated based on distance traveled and style performed, both in the air and upon landing.
All-time Top Nations in Ski Jumping
All-time Top Male Athletes in Ski Jumping
|Jens Weißflog||East Germany/Germany||3||1||0||4|
Individual (Normal and Large Hill)
Men compete on both a large hill (90 meters) and normal hill (70 meters) while women only compete on the latter. The jumper with the highest combined score from two competitive rounds wins the medal event.
All-time Top Nations in Individual (Normal and Large Hill)
The team event features four jumpers per competing country, and is only contested on the large hill.
All-time Top Nations in Team Event